Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Things to Make: T-Shirt Refashion #2




I'm starting a new weekly feature on my blog: How-To Tuesday!

This week I'm showing a quick tutorial on how to make super cute and easy fabric flowers! The one's I've done here are made from scraps of t-shirt material.

I had a lovely soft black t-shirt that somehow obtained a large bleach spot on it!!! So sad! Except that with me in my latest t-shirt re-purposing phase it was just serendipity! ;)

First, I cut several different sizes of circles out of the t-shirt.



Next I gathered the circles in the middle, by pinching them, and stitching them into place. Like this:


So then I needed to decide what to do with them! I took a cute clearance rack t-shirt that I got for $3 at Wal-Mart, and pinned the the flowers onto the collar.



Then I hand stitched them into place!



The result is super cute and only took about 30 minutes from start to finish! You can also use these cute little flowers to make hair clips, pin-back corsages, or fun festive topiaries! You can use any kind of fabric, and get different results with each! Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic